Monday, March 24, 2008

Fulci's Follies

Hi, and welcome to my new film review blog. I lead a band called Glows in the Dark and maintain a blog on us, and had slowly been realizing that not only did I love writing about movies, but movie reviews don't always belong on band sites. I have developed this habit of watching movies in a strangely organized fashion, usually focusing on one director or one genre for a long period of time (the Italian cannibal period being the roughest), and will be framing my blog in a similar way. I'll be examining the work of some of the best in genre cinema, and use goofy and lame puns to discuss and rate their films. With this method and easy to use categories, I hope to build a sweet database of reviews that's really easy to follow. The bad puns will be used to make sure you don't get too into the reviews (my puns tend to repel). So we start with a look at one of Italy's most infamous genre-masters, Lucio Fulci. This man made a ton of films in many different genres, and I will be reviewing probably way too many of them. I'm calling this series "Fulci's Follies" and I'll be using the following system to rate the movies:

F for Fantastic

F for Fair

F for Failure

This should help familiarize you with the work of this mighty Italian of Italy.

Let me know what you think; any and all sweet ideas are welcome.

No comments: